Sunday, June 04, 2006

High School Self Portrait


In high school, I rarely ever participated in the actual art class assignments. Usually, I just drew whatever I wanted, and the teacher let it slide, and gave me grades based on my work that I did. However, at the end of senior year, my art teacher threatened to fail me, if I did not do this self portrait. She proceeded to remind me of all that I got away with in the past with not completing class assignments, and told me I MUST do this. Of all things..... I hated most.....self portraits! Anyway, I did it begrudgingly, and I sat on the floor, with a mirror propped against my bed at an angle, and forced this quick picture out. I was sort of angry at the time, and I guess it shows in the picture, as it has a rather dark look to it. You can even see, at the bottom, my commentary..........I wrote "this picture rots". I was a bit moody back then. I don't think I usually look like this, but I guess at that time, I did.

Fae

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger arvindh said...

Ha ha! You do seem irritated in the portrait! You have captured your mood well!
The picture doesnt rot!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Very nice. Keep drawing! :-)

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Lin said...

BEAUTIFULLY RENDERED!ew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home